Peanut Butter and Oat Meal Cookies
Peanut Butter & Oat Meal Cookies
Easy to make and packed full of protein and fiber.
1/2 Cup of Smooth Peanut Butter (Smuckers or organic brand. I used organic Kirkland Peanut Butter)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (can add less)
1 table spoon of Molasses (Optional. Grandma’s Original Unlsulphured Mollases)
1-1/4 cups of Oat Meal ( Quaker Oats Old Fashioned)
- In a small bowl stir the peanut butter, brown sugar and molasses until fluffy.
- Beat in egg in your bowl of now fluffy peanut butter, brown sugar, molasses mixture.
- Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
- make 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture in round balls (or desired shape) 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Optional: shape your cookie or add designs with a fork on cookie
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
(oats and baking soda/powder should be mixed together before adding to your peanut butter, brown sugar and molasses mixture)